Friday, November 28, 2008

No complaining and comparing but being thankful



"It is good to give thanks to the LORD, And to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; To declare Your loving kindness in the morning, And Your faithfulness every night."1

"Today upon a bus, I saw a lovely maid with golden hair;

I envied her - she seemed so happy

And how, I wished I were so fair;When suddenly she rose to leave,


I saw her hobble down the aisle; She had one foot and wore a crutch,

But as she passed, a smile.Oh God, forgive me when I whine,

I have two feet—the world is mine. "And when I stopped to buy some sweets,

The lad who served me had such charm; He seemed to radiate good cheer,

His manner was so kind and warm; I said,It's nice to deal with you,

Such courtesy I seldom find' He turned and said, 'Oh, thank you sir.

And then I saw that he was blind. Oh, God, forgive me when I whine,

I have two eyes, and the world is mine. "Then, when walking down the street,

I saw a child with eyes of blue; He stood and watched the others play,

It seemed he knew not what to do; I stopped a moment, then I said,

Why don't you join the others, dear?' He looked ahead without a word,

And then I knew he could not hear. Oh God, forgive me when I whine,

I have two ears, the world is mine. "With feet to take me where I'd go /

with eyes to see the sunsets glow / With ears to hear what I would know /

I am blessed indeed / The world is mine Oh, God, forgive me when I whine."2

No comments: